RapidFuse All Purpose
- Extreme Elongation
- Superior Multi-Material Adhesion
- Fast Paint Ready Time
- Extreme Stretch for a Crackproof Seal
- Urethanized for Greater Toughness, Adhesion and Durability
- Won’t Discolor Paint Finish & Paint Ready in 2 Hours
- 100% Waterproof
- Easy Water Clean-Up & Low Odor
- ASTM C920 Type S, Grade NS, Class 25
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Ideal for sealing around windows, doors, siding, trim, molding, eaves, vents, baseboards & crown molding
- 10.1 fl. oz. Cartridge White
Proper surface preparation is key. Remove any old caulk from the seam or joint by cutting or scraping away. Clean the area with soap and water to remove dirt, dust, grease or debris, and rinse thoroughly. Make sure the area to be sealed is clean and dry to ensure strong adhesion.
Want straight, professional finish lines? Apply painter’s tape to either side of the joint before applying the sealant. Smooth the bead of sealant with a caulk finishing tool dipped in water. Remove the tape before the sealant skins over- about 2-5 minutes. To remove, lift the edge up at a 45-degree angle and pull away from you.
Preparations should be made for extra large gaps - use backer rod on any joint sizes that are deeper or wider than 1/2”.
Extreme Flexibility, Stronger Adhesion, Faster Paint Ready Time
Frequently Asked Questions
Sealant should reach dry through in 24 hours per 3/16” of thickness at (68°F. and 50% RH)
Yes. Wait at least 2 hours prior to painting with latex paints. Cool or humid conditions or type of paint used may require longer dry times.
Windows, doors, crown molding, chair rails, base boards, trim, siding, vents, soffits, eaves, counter tops, sinks.
EXTREME STRETCH is not ideal for use below a water line or for marine or automobile applications.
- Tape areas near the project area to help create a professional looking finish and prevent sealant from adhering to unwanted areas.
- Always wear personal protective equipment including gloves, aprons, and safety glasses.
- Always practice before applying.
- Apply in temperatures above 40°F.
- Do not apply if rain or freezing temperatures are forecasted before full cure can occur. Cold weather and high humidity will slow down cure time.
Ensure to use backer rod on any joint sizes that are deeper or wider than ½”.
- Surface preparation. It is imperative that the project surface is clean, dry and clear of old sealant. EXTREME STRETCH will not adhere to old sealant.
- Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle to desired bead size.
- Load into caulk gun.
- Fill gap with sealant, pushing the bead forward.
- Tool within 15 minutes.
Clean up with a damp cloth or sponge before it skins over. Cured sealant must be cut or scraped away.
Substrates made of methyl methacrylate, polycarbonate, polypropylene, polyethylene and polytetrafluoroethylene do not allow for best adhesion and compatibility with sealant. Try test area before using.
Polyurethane is added into an acrylic latex base to help increase flexibility, adhesion strength and overall durability. The acrylic latex base helps improve toolability, allows for easy clean-up with water and low odor.
LIFETIME GUARANTEE. DAP warrants this product for sealant purposes during the lifetime of your home when applied within one year of purchase and as directed. If product fails to perform when used as directed, return container and sales receipt to DAP Products Inc., TCS, 2400 Boston St., Baltimore, MD 21224 for replacement product or sales price refund. DAP will not be liable for incidental or consequential damages.